Jamie P. Clare is a member in the firm’s Litigation Department. Jamie counsels businesses and individuals in all aspects of business disputes, including contract, employment and construction litigation, and in substantial insurance matters. His practice is national and international in scope, encompassing a broad range of litigation matters for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, service, healthcare, technology and real estate sectors. Jamie advocates on behalf of his clients in New Jersey and New York state and federal trial and appellate courts and in arbitration matters.
Jamie regularly represents clients as assigned counsel for insurance carriers pursuant to commercial general liability, director & officer and professional liability policies, and frequently counsels clients in insurance coverage disputes. Jamie also has wide-ranging experience in surety and fidelity matters, previously acting as assistant outside general counsel to a national surety in run-off.
A Member of the firm since 2001, Jamie has acted as lead counsel in representing an array of clients, including:
- An automobile parts manufacturer in national and international litigation over breach-of-output and requirements contracts;
- An insulation and weatherproofing distributor as general litigation counsel in multistate, multidistrict asbestos litigation in Illinois, Missouri, New York and Connecticut, and in Proposition 65 litigation in California;
- A prominent New Jersey law firm in a malpractice action;
- A car dealership in litigation over violation of rights of first refusal and assignment in the sale of a distributorship and service facility;
- An international ethnic food company in litigation over violation of a nondisparagement and confidentiality agreement in a purchase and sale agreement;
- A debt collection service in a national class action litigation over collection practices of the service and a large, publicly held shipping company;
- A construction contractor in a bid dispute and appeals before the New Jersey Superior Courts and New Jersey Supreme Court over the award of contracts for construction of EZ-Pass lanes on the New Jersey Turnpike and New Jersey Parkway;
- A construction contractor in a bid dispute for weatherization projects with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Department of Community Affairs;
- A printing company in a bid dispute with a New Jersey state governmental entity pertaining to the award of a printing contract for racing forms;
- A construction company in a bid dispute concerning the award of contracts by the U.S. Army at Fort Dix;
- Surety bonding companies in payment and performance bond matters pertaining to the construction of hotels, nursing homes, schools, sporting event arenas, other public works and roadways;
- A national provider of water filtration systems in investigation, discovery and hearings over alleged discriminatory practices before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission;
- A national healthcare company in various litigations for breach of the duty of loyalty and to enforce nondisclosure, non-disparagement and non-compete agreements with former executives; and
- A national healthcare company in litigation pertaining to construction of new facilities in New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Consistently awarded high marks for the quality of his legal work and practical advice, Jamie has been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the publisher of the premier directory of legal professionals. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
Jamie earned his B.A. from Skidmore College and his J.D. from the University of the Pacific School of Law.
- White Collar Litigation & Government Investigations Practice
EducationPacific McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1988Skidmore College, B.A., 1985
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 1994California, 1988U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1989U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1989U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1989U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1997U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2000
Dealing with the Problem (Former) Employee, WestLegal Education CLE, Cole Schotz, Hackensack, NJAttorneys Speaking: Jamie P. Clare and Randi W. KochmanSeptember 11, 2012
E-Discovery in Your Practice - Best Practices and Updates, WestLegal Education Center CLE, Cole Schotz, Hackensack, NJAttorneys Speaking: Jamie P. Clare and David M. KohaneJune 7, 2012
Employment Law December 9, 2016Jamie P. Clare
New Jersey Law Journal March 15, 2016Jamie P. Clare and Randi W. Kochman
Tweeting, Friending and Linking In: Social Media Policies and Ethical Constraints on Lawyers Using Social Media
New Jersey Family Lawyer December 2013Jamie P. Clare and Randi W. Kochman
Employment Law Monitor November 12, 2013Jamie P. Clare
New Jersey Law Journal February 1, 2012Jamie P. Clare
Cole Schotz Docket Summer 2008Jamie P. Clare
Cole Schotz Docket Spring 2008Jamie P. Clare
Cole Schotz Docket Winter 2008Jamie P. Clare
New Jersey Law Journal Rights of military personnel upon re-employment in the civilian sector April 10, 2006Jamie P. Clare
Cole Schotz Docket Winter 2005Jamie P. Clare