Jordan A. Fisch is chairman of the firm's Corporate Department and co-chairman of the Restaurant and Hospitality Group, and a member of the Real Estate Department and Real Estate Special Opportunities Practice Group.
Jordan’s corporate practice consists of counseling buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, issuers and investors in debt and equity offerings, and lenders and borrowers on both secured and asset-based credit facilities. Jordan’s practice also includes counseling many closely held and family-owned businesses, providing those businesses with general corporate advice.
In addition to his corporate practice, Jordan has developed a niche practice in the representation of restauranteurs and restaurant groups in connection with structuring and organizational matters, the acquisition, financing (debt and equity) and wind-down of restaurants, and employment matters.
Jordan’s real estate practice is national in scope and consists of counseling opportunity funds in joint ventures, the acquisition and disposition of secured debt--including distressed debt, the making of investments in junior and participating interests in secured debt and senior and mezzanine commercial mortgage financing.
A Member of the firm since 2000, Jordan has acted as lead counsel or played a prominent role in the following transactions:
Corporate and Restaurant/Hospitality Transactions
- A consumer retail products company in the sale of all of its assets;
- A health care provider in an approximately $23 million asset-based credit facility;
- An industrial products manufacturer in the sale of its business;
- A private equity firm in the disposition of a portfolio company engaged in the providing of retail software and retail POS software;
- A private equity firm in an industry rollup involving the consolidation of a portfolio company engaged in the sale of consumer retail products and subsequent financing of the newly formed venture; and
- The formation and structuring of a prominent restaurant group and opening of several acclaimed New York City restaurants.
- Executive Employment Agreements with Celebrity Chefs
- Financing of the construction and build-out of several restaurant sites for a New York City based restaurant group
- General representation of a craft brewery with respect to general corporate matters including investor relations with its lead investor
Real Estate Transactions
- A real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of an over $150 million participating interest in a first mortgage loan secured by a 3 Class A office building portfolio in Virginia and subsequent disposition of a senior interest in said loan;
- A real estate opportunity fund in the mezzanine financing of a New York City office building;
- A real estate opportunity fund in the funding of an approximately $30 million loan secured by a first mortgage lien against a shopping center in Hawaii; and
- A real estate opportunity fund in the origination of several securitized commercial mortgage loans secured by properties throughout the United States.
Consistently awarded high marks for the quality of his legal work and practical advice, Jordan has garnered professional accolades from New York Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars, and Martindale-Hubbell. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
Jordan has been profiled in Real Estate Weekly for his extensive experience in real estate, opportunity funds in joint ventures, acquisition and disposition of secured and distressed debt, and mezzanine commercial mortgage financing.
Jordan has been quoted in The New York Times for his counsel of a client in the wind down of several well regarded New York City restaurants and is a contributor to restaurant and hospitality trade publications such as FSR Magazine and Restaurant Startup & Growth.
He earned his B.A., cum laude, from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law.
- Corporate, Finance & Business Transactions
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Special Opportunities
- Restaurant & Hospitality
EducationUniversity of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1995University of Massachusetts, B.A., cum laude, 1992
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 1995New York, 2006District of Columbia, 2006
As published in: NorthJersey.com March 17, 2018
As published in: Big Law Business March 6, 2018
As published in: New Jersey Law Journal March 6, 2018
As published in: Law360 March 5, 2018
As published in: NJBIZ March 5, 2018
Advised Cove Property Group on $479M Construction Financing for Redevelopment of Hudson Commons Property
November 9, 2017
As published in: GlobeSt September 13, 2017
August 15, 2017
Leo Leyva, Jordan Fisch, John Park, Jeffrey Schechter, and Patrick Quinn's representation was mentioned in, "After Three Decades, Midtown South Office Property Trades"
As published in: GlobeSt.com April 12, 2017
Leo Leyva, John Park, Jordan Fisch, Jeff Schecter and Patrick Quinn represented Dino & Sons Realty Corp.
As published in: Commercial Property Executive March 29, 2017
February 21, 2017
As published in: Law360 February 21, 2017
Cole Schotz Advises Stonemar Properties in Formation of JV and Acquisition of $40M Mixed-Use Property in NC
February 15, 2017
January 25, 2017
Cove Property is represented by Cole Schotz in joint venture with Baupost Nab in NY Office Building $330M Deal
As published in: Law360 December 14, 2016
Cole Schotz advised Cove on recent financing and acquisition of 441 Ninth Ave discussed on GlobeSt.com
As published in: GlobeSt.com December 14, 2016
August 15, 2016
Jordan Fisch and David Rubenstein are moderators at the Bisnow New York Restaurant Development ForumAttorneys Speaking: Jordan A. Fisch and David A. RubensteinAugust 16, 2016
Corporate Law April 18, 2018Samantha B. Epstein and Jordan A. Fisch
Corporate Law March 7, 2018Elizabeth C. Bogle and Jordan A. Fisch
Corporate Law October 16, 2017Joseph A. Armenti and Jordan A. Fisch
Corporate Law August 28, 2017Jordan A. Fisch
Corporate Law June 19, 2017Jordan A. Fisch
Corporate Law Monitor August 17, 2015Jordan A. Fisch and Joseph A. Armenti
Law 360 June 14, 2012Jordan A. Fisch
Restaurant Hospitality and Insurancenewsnet.com November 28, 2011Jill B. Bienstock and Jordan A. Fisch
Real Estate Finance & Investment March 15, 2010Jordan A. Fisch and Leo V. Leyva
New Jersey Law Journal August 18, 2008Jordan A. Fisch
New Jersey Law Journal July 30, 2007Jordan A. Fisch and Roger M. Iorio
New Jersey Law Journal Is the negotiation of your client's Stock Purchase Agreement keeping you up at night? July 31, 2006Jordan A. Fisch and Henry M. Matri
Commerce Magazine October 1, 2003Jordan A. Fisch and Henry M. Matri
Changes Made to Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Notification Rules Increase the Reporting Burden on Certain Investors
Corporate Law MonitorJordan A. Fisch
Has Your Company Adopted and Implemented Appropriate Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Preservation Procedures?
Corporate Law MonitorJordan A. Fisch
Corporate law MonitorJordan A. Fisch