Michael E. Jones is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department. His practice focuses on leasing, acquisitions, dispositions and development of retail, industrial and office properties, with an emphasis on retail leasing. Michael represents owners, tenants, developers, investors, real estate investment trusts, opportunity funds, family partnerships and privately held companies in commercial real estate transactions throughout the nation. Such clients include national and regional retailers (big box retailers and anchor tenants) in new store development, surplus property transactions and distribution center development, landlords and tenants of shopping centers, landlords and tenants of industrial buildings, and landlords and tenants of office buildings.
The following is representative of the clients and matters that Michael has handled:
- A national retailer in the purchase of 124 stores throughout the United States from another national retailer;
- A real estate fund in the purchase of--and lease-back of--eight properties in the northeastern United States to a “big box” national retailer;
- A private real estate fund in the sale of a 69,000-square-foot office building in Edison, N.J.;
- A real estate developer in the ground lease of land in East Rutherford, N.J., from a Fortune 100 company to develop a shopping center;
- A family-owned real estate company in the redevelopment of a former office building into a mixed-use development with retail stores and office condominiums in Paramus, N.J.;
- A “big box” national retailer in the leasing of a distribution center containing 650,000 square feet in Pittston, Pa., from a regional industrial developer; and
- A family owned real estate investment company in the leasing of a 530,000-square-foot industrial complex in Linden, N.J.
Throughout his career, Michael has been selected by his peers for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America. He has also been included in Real Estate Weekly’s "2008 All Stars," New York Magazine and New Jersey Monthly Magazine's top lawyers. He has been awarded the 2017 AV Preeminent™ Rating on his professionalism and the quality of his legal work, the highest possible qualification from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
Michael is a member of the International Counsel for Shopping Centers and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties. He is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Bergen Community Colleges Paralegal Studies and Legal Nurse Consultant Programs.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Michael was an industrial real estate broker.
Michael earned his B.B.A. from Emory University and his J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University.
As published in: Real Estate NJ February 1, 2019
August 15, 2018
As published in: GlobeSt May 10, 2018
As published in: GlobeSt March 9, 2018
August 15, 2017
December 27, 2016
As published in: myCentralJersey.com December 21, 2016
As published in: NJBIZ December 20, 2016
August 15, 2016
As published in: New Jersey Business August 11, 2016
August 8, 2016
As published in: Real Estate Forum January 2016 Issue
As published in: Best Lawyers August 18, 2014
August 15, 2013
March 27, 2013
August 27, 2012
Real Estate & Construction Law MonitorMichael E. Jones