Mitchell W. Abrahams is a versatile commercial real estate practitioner, with an emphasis in leasing, borrower financing and acquisitions. His diversified transactional practice is national in scope and involves all aspects of commercial real estate. In addition, Mitchell has extension land use experience and appears regularly before zoning boards throughout New Jersey, representing both applicants and objectors. Mitchell’s clients include national and local landlords and tenants throughout the country.
The following is representative of the type of matters handled by Mitchell:
- Negotiations of acquisition contract and procurement of zoning approvals for major automobile dealership facilities in New Jersey to include acquisition and financing
- Representation of landlord in connection with lease preparation and negotiation tenants for over 120 national shopping centers
- Representation of national accounting firm in connection with negotiation of an 80,000 square foot office lease for its New Jersey headquarter facilities
- Acquisition, financing and due diligence for numerous shopping centers throughout the country
- Leasing on behalf of New Jersey based industrial warehouse owner of over 50 buildings
- Extensive experience in all aspects of transactional real estate work
Mitchell joined the firm as a member in 1999. Mitchell’s clients remain loyal and he has represented many of them for a large portion of his 30 year career.
Mitchell has been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals. He has been selected for inclusion in the prestigious Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2012 and 2015, and New Jersey Super Lawyers® in Real Estate Law. He was also named on the Best Lawyers’ "Lawyer of the Year" list in 2018. Real Estate New Jersey included Mitchell on their list of the Top 40 real estate attorneys in New Jersey in its April 2008 issue. Mitchell was recognized as a Top Bergen County Lawyer by (201) Magazine in 2015. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
EducationSeton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1983Boston College, B.A., cum laude, 1979
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 1983U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1983
August 15, 2018
March 19, 2018
August 15, 2017
March 2, 2017
August 15, 2016
As published in: Best Lawyers August 18, 2014
April 1, 2014
August 15, 2013
August 27, 2012
Cole Schotz Docket Summer 2007Mitchell W. Abrahams and Wendy F. Klein