Known for his high level of personal commitment to his clients, Robert has the skill, knowledge, and creativity necessary to solve problems and identify opportunities for his clients.
Robert counsels developers, real estate equity and opportunity funds, real estate investment trusts, investors, owners and tenants in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. His practice is national in scope and encompasses a broad range of transactions, with particular emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, development and retail leasing. His professional focus also includes the management, financing and construction of commercial, retail, industrial and multi-unit residential properties.
Robert also counsels clients regarding regulatory compliance, licensing, leasing and the acquisition of real property in connection with cannabis related uses.
Representative matters include:
- Representing a prominent New Jersey commercial real estate owner and developer in the sale of four supermarket and pharmacy anchored shopping centers for $124,550,000 to a REIT in an "off market" transaction deemed “the largest strip center portfolio trade in Northern New Jersey over the last decade” by Northeast Real Estate Business Magazine. The representation included the creation and administration of an on-line due diligence document database containing over 500 files for bidders’ review, establishing bidding procedures for prospective purchasers, evaluating the bids received with the client, closing on the sale, and negotiating post-closing environmental obligations and related financial assurances;
- Representing a post-bankruptcy entity in the disposition of over 343 acres of land throughout the United States in connection with an asset sale in the amount of $146,749,000. The representation included establishing bidding procedures for prospective purchasers, evaluating the bids received with the client, closing on the sale, and negotiating post-closing environmental obligations;
- Representing the owner of the Rosedale Center, a multi-level mall in Roseville, Minnesota containing over 1,000,000 square feet of floor area with approximately 171 stores and 18 restaurants, in the negotiation of numerous leases and amendments with national and regional tenants;
- Representing private REIT concerning offering in connection with the acquisition of commercial property located in Chattanooga, TN;
- Representing prominent national developers in connection with obtaining funding from the New Jersey Economic Development Agency Incentive Program for the development of three mixed use high-rise towers in Jersey City, NJ;
- Representing prominent New Jersey developer concerning the development of a mixed-use residential commercial property located in Harrison, NJ;
- Representing Walgreens Co. and McDonald’s USA, LLC before planning and zoning boards throughout Hudson and Essex County, NJ; and
- Representing startups in the areas of information technology, real estate and the sale of consumer goods and services.
EducationSeton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2010Fordham University, B.S., 2006
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey , 2010New York, 2011United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2010
As published in: New Jersey Law Journal March 8, 2018
As published in: New Jersey Law Journal March 6, 2018
As published in: The Legal Intelligencer January 8, 2018
As published in: The Courier News January 7, 2018
As published in: Real Estate NJ January 5, 2018
As published in: Big Law Business January 4, 2018
As published in: World Intellectual Property Review January 4, 2018
January 2, 2018
As published in: NJBIZ January 2, 2018
Corporate Law April 10, 2018Elizabeth C. Bogle and Robert M. DiPisa