Roger M. Iorio is a member of both the firm’s Corporate, Finance and Business Transaction Department and Real Estate Special Opportunities Group. Well recognized for the quality of his legal work, Roger has been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Mergers and Acquisitions. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
Roger’s corporate practice is national in scope and encompasses a broad range of transactions, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, acquisition and disposition of secured debt, senior and mezzanine commercial mortgage financing and asset based lending and borrowing. His professional focus also includes representing businesses in connection with franchise agreements, employment agreements, joint ventures and general corporate advice.
A Member of the firm since 2010, Roger has acted as lead counsel or played a prominent role in connection with an array of corporate and real estate transactions including:
- A private equity firm in connection with a $90,000,000 acquisition of a privately held custom box manufacturing company
- A private equity firm in the acquisition of multiple consumer retail companies located throughout the United States
- A medical services provider in connection with a joint venture agreement with a private equity firm
- A voice network services company in connection with the sale of its equity for approximately $35,000,000
- A consumer retail product company in connection with the sale of its equity to an international publicly traded company
- A family-owned and operated company in connection with a $40,000,000 sale of its business
- Representation of various franchisees in connection with the acquisition of their franchise
Corporate/Real Estate Financings
- A real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of an $84,000,000 first mortgage loan secured by multiple office buildings in Las Vegas, Nevada and the subsequent disposition of a senior participation interest in such loan
- A real estate opportunity fund in the funding of a $36,000,000 mezzanine loan secured by the ownership of multiple real estate holding companies
- A real estate opportunity fund in the funding of a $30,000,000 loan secured by a first mortgage lien against a retail shopping center in Hawaii
- A private lender in connection with a $300,000,000 note on note financing from an European bank.
- A private lender in the funding of national and international loans totaling in excess of $1,000,000,000
- A family owned business in connection with a $23,000,000 loan to finance the redemption of its Series A Preferred Stock
- A closely held textile company in connection with a $5,000,000 asset based loan made by a private lender
Consistently awarded high marks for the quality of his legal work and practical advice, Roger has garnered professional accolades from Martindale-Hubbell and has been asked to lecture on various finance and corporate matters before the Bergen County Bar Association, the Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel and on behalf of West LegalEd.
Additionally, Roger has published several articles including:
- Subordinate Lenders May Have Better Remedy Options, New Jersey Law Journal, July 30, 2007
- Supreme Court Rules on Attorney’s Role in Violating the UFTA, Cole Schotz Docket, Summer 2005
Roger earned his B.S. from The College of New Jersey and his J.D. from the Hofstra University School of Law.
EducationMaurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, J.D., 2002College of New Jersey, B.S., 1999
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 2002New York, 2003United States Tax Court, 2003U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2003U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2003U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2003
$59M deal will fund new Mount Vernon apartment tower
As published in: Real Estate Weekly December 27, 2017
As published in: The Journal News December 20, 2017
Westchester & Fairfield Cheat Sheet: Battle for Bridgeport casino project intensifies, American Christmas warehouse sells & more
As published in: The Real Deal December 13, 2017
As published in: GlobeSt September 13, 2017
As published in: Cision PR Newswire August 22, 2017
Michael Sirota, Arianna Christopher, Alan Rubin, Christopher Kula and Roger Iorio are representing Boca Raton, Florida-based AMI on its purchase of Us Weekly
As published in: The American Lawyer March 22, 2017
Our representation of American Media was included in the article, “AMI Buys Us Weekly from Wenner Media”
As published in: Women's Wear Daily March 15, 2017
Cole Schotz attorneys were mentioned in article titled, "Cole Schotz Guides $105M SoHo Retail Property Buy"
As published in: Law360 April 11, 2016
November 17, 2015
November 17, 2015
December 23, 2014
April 1, 2014