David T. Meglino is a member in the firm’s Construction Services and Litigation Department. David’s practice includes representation of construction contractors in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including claims for breach of contract and other contractual claims; defense of delinquent contribution claims under ERISA and other claims brought by unions and their trust funds; lien/bond claims; and insurance matters, including declaratory judgment matters concerning the scope of insurance coverage.
Some of David’s representative matters include:
- Representation of heavy-construction contractors, landscaping companies and other contractors being sued by New York City-area unions in federal court alleging various violations of collective bargaining agreements, including failure to make required contributions to the union trust funds under ERISA, and failure to comply with audit requests;
- Obtaining summary judgment against a contractor’s insurance company requiring the insurance company to defend and indemnify the contractor in a multi-million dollar personal injury lawsuit;
- Favorably settling at mediation a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a construction contractor arising out of a personal injury matter brought under the N.Y. Labor Law;
- Obtaining an injunction against a major New York City union preventing it from proceeding with an arbitration in violation of the parties’ collective bargaining agreement;
- Obtaining dismissal of claims against a general contractor by one of its subcontractors on a public improvement project, alleging breach of contract, and seeking to foreclose on mechanic’s liens and to recover against the general contractor’s payment bonds.
David earned his B.S. from Hofstra University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and earned his J.D. from the University at Buffalo Law School, where he graduated in the top 25% of his class.
EducationUniversity at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2007Hofstra University, B.S., 2003
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew YorkU.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New YorkU.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
As published in: Law360 May 8, 2019
As published in: University of Buffalo School of Law February 27, 2019
January 10, 2019
As published in: ROI NJ January 9, 2019
January 2, 2019
State Contractor Sentenced to 18 Months in Federal Prison Following Conviction for Mail and Wire Fraud in Connection with State-Run and Federally Funded Bridge Maintenance Project
Real Estate & Construction Law May 20, 2019David T. Meglino and Bradley P. Pollina
New York Court of Appeals Clarifies When a Contractor Hired by a Commercial Tenant Can File a Mechanic's Lien Against the Owner's Interest in the Property
Real Estate & Construction Law February 14, 2019Jed M. Weiss and David T. Meglino