Jim Stefanick provides sophisticated counsel on mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions, in particular those involving private equity firms and their portfolio companies. His experience covers a broad range of transactions and industries, with a focus on the fitness industry. Those who have worked with Jim appreciate his steady approach, consistent delivery of personal attention and dogged determination to get the deal done with optimal results.
Jim has acted as lead counsel or played a prominent role in the following representations:
- Delos Capital in majority investment in US Fitness and senior credit facility;
- UFC Gym in various matters, including the sale of its Kendall facility to A-Rod Corp. and its senior credit facility;
- US Fitness in its acquisitions of Sport & Health Fitness and Atlanta Fitness;
- A champion mixed martial arts fighter and regional gym owner in a joint venture;
- US Fitness in its senior credit facility;
- Angelo Gordon & Co. in its acquisition of Crunch Fitness from Bally Fitness;
- Crunch Fitness in its Senior Credit Facility with Golub Capital;
- Wiredrive in its business combination with MediaSilo;
- The Gallery in its acquisition of PureWow;
- Ankura Consulting Group in its $100 million strategic growth commitment from Madison Dearborn Partners;
- Emigrant Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Cascade Drilling, to Snow Phipps;
- Versa Capital in its acquisition of Hatteras Yachts from the Brunswick Corporation;
- Polartec in its senior credit facility with PNC;
- A Belgian family office in its investments in the Vita Coco brand of coconut water and the Leblon brand of cachaça.
Prior to joining Cole Schotz, Jim was Counsel at Dechert, LLP in the corporate department and a member of its Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Leveraged Finance practice groups.
Outside the office, Jim brings the same level of determination to his sports. He has completed 6 New York City Marathons, numerous triathlons including an IRONMAN race, and helped the firm exceed its goal in a Cycle for Survival fundraising event.
Jim received his JD from Fordham University, his MBA from Monmouth University, and his BS in Financial Management from Clemson University.
January 22, 2021
As published in: Bloomberg Big Law Business August 3, 2018
As published in: The Mid-Market Report June 7, 2018
As published in: Club Industry June 5, 2018
As published in: Club Industry June 1, 2018
February 10, 2017
Cole Schotz represented our client Ankura Consulting Group in closing on a strategic growth commitment of $100 million from Madison Dearborn
March 3, 2016
New Member Brings Wealth of Experience in Middle Market October 21, 2015
James Stefanick mentioned in article titled, "Crowell Nabs a DJ but Loses a Lindh, Plus More Lateral Moves"
As published in: The American Lawyer October 18, 2015
Corporate Law January 10, 2018James G. Stefanick
Corporate Law June 21, 2017Samantha B. Epstein and James G. Stefanick
Club Industry November 1, 2016James G. Stefanick