Lauren handles complex commercial disputes in both New Jersey and New York including business divorce, licensing disputes, fraud, employment, insurance and land use litigation. Lauren also represents New Jersey lottery winners who have asserted claims against the State of New Jersey for improper taxation, breach of contract, violations of the common-law “manifest injustice” and “square corners doctrines, and violations of the United States and New Jersey State Constitutions. Lauren has extensive experience before the American Arbitration Association (AAA), as well as appeals before both the New Jersey Appellate Division and New York Appellate Division, First and Second Departments.
With the firm since 2009, Lauren has counseled clients in many complex litigation matters including:
- Stairway Capital - counsel to secured creditor in enforcement of loan obligation in actions before both the New York Supreme Court and AAA; obtained dismissal of lender liability counterclaims in New York Supreme Court;
- New Jersey Mega-Million Lottery winners - Initiating litigation against the State of New Jersey for retroactively taxing New Jersey residents who won and began receiving lottery prizes prior to a change in the applicable law;
- Town Sports International, LLC (d/b/a New York Sports Clubs) - obtaining dismissal of claims in litigation initiated against our client relating to an exclusive use provision in a lease;
- Humanscale Corporation – obtaining dismissal of a fraud claim asserted against our client in connection with licensing agreements;
- Clark Commons, LLC – obtaining a favorable settlement allowing a multi-million dollar strip-mall development to proceed in Clark Township, New Jersey;
- Charles & Jared Kushner – obtaining a favorable outcome on behalf of our client in an employment dispute;
- Obtaining an approximately $15.5 million buyout of our clients’ minority interest in several entities; and
- Obtaining dismissal of claims in litigation initiated against our client alleging tortious interference and other tort claims concerning a UPS franchisee.
Lauren is a member of the District IIB Bergen County Fee Arbitration Committee and is active in a host of important industry organizations. These organizations include the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2009-present), Bergen County Bar Association (2009-present), Co-Chair of the Civil Practice section of the Bergen County Bar Association (2013-Present), and Bergen County Chair of the Vincent J. Apruzzese Mock Trial Competition (2012-2015). Additionally, she is on the Bernards Township Affordable Housing Task Force for the 2019 term. Lauren is also a Director at Large of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, Lehigh University (2014 – 2018) and was appointed Vice President of the Board for the 2018/2019 term. She is slated to become President for the 2020/2021 term to be followed by a three-year term on the Lehigh University Board of Trustees. Lauren serves on the Bernards Township Planning Board from 2020-present. She is also the former President of the Young Alumni Council, Lehigh University (2014-2015), former member of the Bernards Township Zoning Board of Adjustment (2012-2014), and former Republican Female Representative, District 20 for Bernards Township (2010-2014).
Lauren earned her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. While in law school, Lauren was the Director of Research, Education and Advocacy to Combat Homelessness and an Advocate with the Unemployment Action Center.
- Real Estate
- White Collar Litigation & Government Investigations Practice
- COVID-19 Resource Center
EducationFordham University Law School, J.D., 2009;
Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award Recipient, cum laudeLehigh University, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 2009U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2009New York, 2010U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2017
March 13, 2020
March 19, 2018
Battle looms over Far Hills housing plan
As published in: The Bernardsville News January 30, 2018
We are pleased to announce that Jill Bienstock, Victoria Cioppettini, Jason Finkelstein and Lauren Manduke have been named Members of the firm
January 1, 2017
Cole Schotz represented The Milligans and is mentioned in "NJ Tax Court Sides With Lotto Winners In Income Tax Fight"
As published in: Law360 September 27, 2016
Lauren Manduke and Michael Yellin are speaking at the Bergen County Bar Association CLE Seminar: New York Practice for the New Jersey LawyerAttorneys Speaking: Michael R. Yellin and Lauren M. MandukeMay 17, 2017
New York Practice for the New Jersey Lawyer, Bergen County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education SeminarAttorneys Speaking: Michael R. Yellin and Lauren M. MandukeDecember 16, 2014
Employment Law March 31, 2020Lauren M. Manduke
Corporate Law March 30, 2020Jordan A. Fisch, Lauren M. Manduke, Joseph A. Armenti and David B. Borsack
Corporate Law March 26, 2020Joseph A. Armenti and Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law May 1, 2018Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law June 21, 2017Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law April 12, 2017Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law September 22, 2016Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law August 3rd, 2016Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Policies and Practices June 26, 2015Lauren M. Manduke
The Affordable Care Act Part Three – Upcoming Requirements & the Impact Recent Judicial Decisions Have on the ACA
Employment Law Monitor March 24, 2015Lauren M. Manduke
Tax, Trusts & Estates Law Monitor March 4, 2015Lauren M. Manduke
Employment Law Monitor November 25, 2014Lauren M. Manduke
The Affordable Care Act – Where Are We Now?
Employment Law Monitor November 6, 2014Lauren M. Manduke
Corporate Law Monitor February 27, 2014Lauren M. Manduke
Physicians News Digest February 10, 2014Lauren M. Manduke and Randi W. Kochman
New Jersey Law Journal December 6, 2010Randi W. Kochman and Lauren M. Manduke
Commerce Magazine November 2010Randi W. Kochman and Lauren M. Manduke