Rimma Tsvasman is an associate in the firm's Corporate, Finance & Business Transactions Department where she regularly advises clients on a broad range of complex transactions and regulatory matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, joint ventures, private placements and investments. Rimma also provides ongoing counseling with respect to a broad range of corporate governance and general business matters.
Some of Rimma’s recent representations include:
- A multinational insurance industry technology company in a strategic acquisition by a PE-backed tech company
- A technology solutions company in a strategic acquisition by a global technology provider
- Renowned beverage industry entrepreneur in connection with several product launches, private placements, strategic investments from public beverage companies and celebrity brand ambassadors, and general corporate, IP and employment matters
- American Media Inc. in its acquisition of 14 adventure and sports media brands from TEN: Publishing’s Adventure Sports Network
- Delos Capital in its acquisition of a majority interest in US Fitness
- Private equity firm in its $160 million debt financing from a leading credit-focused alternative asset management firm
- US Fitness Holdings in its acquisition of Sport & Health Fitness and Atlanta Fitness
- US Fitness Holdings in obtaining a senior credit facility
- UFC Gym in obtaining a senior credit facility and general corporate counseling
- Wiredrive in its business combination with MediaSilo
- Gallery Media Group in its acquisition of PureWow
- American Media Inc. in its acquisition of US Weekly from Wenner Media
- A pharmaceutical industry technology company in a strategic acquisition by a PE-backed tech company
- A real estate industry technology company in a strategic acquisition by a public company
- Renowned celebrity hair stylist in the sale of a majority interest in his global luxury haircare products company to a private equity firm
Prior to joining Cole Schotz, Rimma was an associate at a large regional law firm in New York City.
Rimma earned her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, where she served as an Articles Editor for the Brooklyn Law Review and had her Note published in Volume 76 of the Law Review. Rimma earned her B.B.A., magna cum laude, in Public Accounting from Pace University’s Lubin School of Business.
EducationBrooklyn Law School, J.D., 2011, Brooklyn Law Review, Articles EditorPace University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
Bar & Court AdmissionsNew Jersey, 2011New York, 2012United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2014
As published in: The Mid-Market Report June 7, 2018
As published in: Club Industry June 5, 2018
As published in: Club Industry June 1, 2018
Our representation of American Media was included in the article, “AMI Buys Us Weekly from Wenner Media”
As published in: Women's Wear Daily March 15, 2017
Cole Schotz Advises Stonemar Properties in Formation of JV and Acquisition of $40M Mixed-Use Property in NC
February 15, 2017
February 10, 2017
Jim Stefanick, Alan Rubin, Arianna Christopher and Rimma Tsvasman Represented The Gallery in the Acquisition of PureWow
January 6, 2017
Rimma Tsvasman was quoted in an article titled, "Lawyers Weigh In On DOJ's Newman Appeal To High Court"
As published in: Law360 July 30, 2015
Rimma Tsvasman was quoted in an article titled, "2nd Circ. To Test Flexibility Of FINRA Arbitration Rule"
As published in: Law360 April 17, 2014
SEC Proposes Conditional Exemption from Broker Registration Requirements for Finders Assisting Small Businesses with Capital Raising Efforts
Corporate Law October 22, 2020Rimma Tsvasman
Corporate Law July 2, 2020Rimma Tsvasman
Corporate Law December 5, 2017Christopher J. Kula and Rimma Tsvasman
November 11, 2016Jennifer L. Horowitz and Rimma Tsvasman
Corporate Law September 28, 2016Rimma Tsvasman and Christopher J. Kula
"Note, No More Excuses: A Case for the IRS's Full Compliance with the Administrative Procedure Act"
76 BROOK. L. REV. 837 2011Rimma Tsvasman