Steven L. KlepperMembersklepper@coleschotz.com New York Office
1325 Avenue of the Americas, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10019
New Jersey Office
Court Plaza North, 25 Main Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601
T: 646-563-8947 / C: 201-665-7122 / F: 646-563-7947
Legal Practice Assistant: Veronica M. Marshman
T: 201-489-3000, ext. 5011
Steven L. Klepper is a member in the firm’s Litigation Department. Steven has extensive experience handling a wide variety of complex commercial litigation for businesses and significant individuals in areas such as business and contract disputes, commercial real estate disputes, estates and trusts litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, insolvency litigation, director and officer claims, healthcare, RICO, antitrust, insurance law, employment and securities. Steven has significant experience handling all aspects of New York estates and trusts litigation, as well as real estate matters, including commercial landlord/tenant disputes, lease disputes, purchase and sale issues, brokerage disputes, partition actions and specific performance issues. He has broad experience in the federal and state trial and appellate courts of New York and New Jersey, as well as in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitrations in national forums such as the American Arbitration Association and FINRA.
Some of Steven’s notable representations include:
- Defended and prosecuted a wide variety of commercial landlord/tenant disputes for Fortune 500 retailers against landlords;
- Defended an international bank against contract and fraud claims;
- Prosecuted securities laws violation claims on behalf of a significant hedge fund;
- Obtained an immediate injunction restoring a partner in a significant medical practice who had been wrongfully expelled from his business, leading to an extremely favorable settlement;
- Defended and prosecuted numerous breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims for and against directors and officers of major corporations;
- Acted as general counsel to several start-up companies in the beverage business, representing them from the initial start-up phase through to successful sale to an international conglomerate;
- Prosecuted commercial foreclosure actions on behalf of numerous hedge funds, banks and other lenders;
- Prosecuted several Ponzi-scheme cases against lenders;
- Handled numerous highly complex will contests and estate lawsuits;
- Represented several real estate developers in disputes with their lenders; and
- Represented shareholders and members of closely-held businesses fighting for control of those businesses and/or alleging they have been oppressed by the majority shareholders.
Steven has conducted numerous lectures on New York civil practice and has been published in the New Jersey Law Journal and The Banking Law Journal on a variety of commercial litigation topics. He has also been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbard, the publisher of the premier directory of legal professionals. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
Steven is a member of the New York and New Jersey State Bar Associations.
He earned his B.A., summa cum laude, from the Hunter College in 1989, and his J.D., cum laude, from New York Law School in 1992, where he served on the New York Law School Law Review.