Aaron Davidson represents companies and individuals in intellectual property and complex commercial disputes. His clients count on his strategic judgment and creative approaches to resolving conflicts. He has served as a first-chair trial lawyer in federal and state court jury trials, arbitration's, and preliminary injunction hearings.
Aaron has represented and advised a wide range of clients, including:
- A multinational technology and telecommunication company in the defense of patent infringement lawsuits
- Individuals and company accused of trade secret theft and restrictive covenant violations; clients defeated their former employer’s request for a preliminary injunction after a two-day hearing
- A multinational soft drink company, in claims in federal court and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board against trademark infringers
- Individual owners of a family business in litigation about control of the company
- Information technology services company in breach of contract matters, including pursuit of claims in bankruptcy court
- Texas-based company in litigation against its insurer following an incident of wire transfer fraud
- Midstream oil & gas company in the defense of a breach of contract claim concerning construction of a pipeline in North Dakota; client prevailed in arbitration*
- Commercial real estate developer accused of trademark infringement; matter resolved after preliminary injunction was denied*
- Defense of a small business accused of misappropriating trade secrets pertaining to software*
- Small business accused of theft of services and breach of contract; jury returned a favorable verdict after a one-week trial*
- A multinational pharmaceutical company in the defense of product liability and government investigation matters*
- Cayman Islands liquidators of a private equity fund seeking recovery of more than $50 million from an entertainment company*
- A multinational semiconductor manufacturer accused of patent infringement; defeated a nine-figure damages claim*
- A medical device manufacturer accused of patent infringement*
* identifies litigation matters at prior firms
Aaron has also begun serving as a mediator in intellectual property and commercial disputes.
Aaron sits on the board of the JDRF Dallas chapter. He earned his law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he has a student writing editor on the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law.
EducationVanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1998Taylor University, B.A., 1995
Bar & Court AdmissionsTexas, 1998United States District Courts in the Northern District of Texas United States District Courts in the Southern District of Texas United States District Courts in the Eastern District of TexasUnited States District Courts in the Western District of Texas United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
August 20, 2020
Cole Schotz Secures Victory for Spark Connected in Preliminary Injunction Dispute With Semtech Corp.
September 19, 2019
As published in: Law360 April 19, 2019
As published in: World Trademark Review April 12, 2019
As published in: Law360 April 11, 2019
As published in: Intellectual Property Magazine April 11, 2019
Dallas office boosted at Cole Schotz
As published in: IPPro Magazine April 10, 2019
As published in: Texas Lawyer April 10, 2019
As published in: Bloomberg Big Law Business April 10, 2019
New Jersey Law Journal September 11, 2019Aaron D. Davidson