Our Real Estate Finance & Lending Group brings together a seasoned, pragmatic and highly-skilled team of lawyers equipped to advise commercial real estate lenders and borrowers on national financing transactions. In 2018, our team closed financing transactions in excess of $1,000,000,000 throughout the United States alone. Our team has extensive experience with virtually all asset types and routinely advises on financing transactions secured by land, condominium and cooperative, office buildings and complexes, multi-family, hotel and hospitality, shopping centers, industrial/warehouse/self-storage, senior and student housing, stadiums, assisted living and healthcare and medical properties. Our prolific client base includes: national and regional banks, private equity funds, insurance companies, family offices, bridge lenders, developers, owner-operators, domestic and international investors, joint ventures and public companies.
Our team advises on, and participates in the structuring of, a wide variety of financing transactions, including:
• Senior secured facilities, including acquisition, CMBS, construction and pre-development
• Senior and junior mezzanine
• Ground lease and leasehold
• Participations and co-lending
• Opportunity Zone
• Note-on-note and leverage transactions
• Historic and new market tax credit structures
• Workouts and restructurings, including deed-in-lieu and assignment-in-lieu
• Debtor-in-possession and bankruptcy exit financings
• Acquisition and/or disposition of performing and non-performing loans and loan portfolios
• Shari’ah compliant transactions
• Distressed debt
The Real Estate Finance & Lending Group’s reach extends across the globe. We have counseled our clients in connection with international real estate financing transactions throughout Brazil, Canada, the Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Germany, and Mexico, the People’s Republic of China, Saudi Arabia and Sweden.
Our lending practice is further supported by a team of over 170 attorneys practicing in 15 areas of law – such as Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring, Construction, Corporate and Restaurant & Hospitality, to name a few – and servicing clients across the industry spectrum, allowing us to provide expertise on all aspects and at all stages of real estate finance transactions.
As published in: Best Lawyers August 18, 2014
Baltimore-Based Attorneys Recognized for Business Bankruptcy Work December 20, 2013
November 1, 2013
For Important Legal Updates and Resources on the Coronavirus Click Here.