Creating and maintaining a strong brand requires constant vigilance to ensure that the marketplace respects those rights. Our trademark litigation attorneys regularly appear in federal and state courts, appellate courts, and administrative bodies like the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board on behalf of our trademark clients. We handle cases for both plaintiffs and defendants across diverse industries involving trademark infringement, dilution, tarnishment, unfair competition, trade dress infringement, and cyberpiracy, among others. When time is of the essence, we assert and defend against applications for emergent relief. Our seasoned trademark litigation team brings a balance of technical expertise and business savvy to every situation. We appreciate the importance of each case to our clients, and we work with them to develop efficient, innovative, and convincing strategies to meet and exceed their expectations.
Our Trademark Litigation team makes its impact felt for clients outside of the courtroom as well. We assist clients in assessing the risks and benefits of adopting particular trademarks, in implementing global brand protection programs, and in applying strategies to avoid litigation altogether.
- Successfully defended New York dental group against federal and state trademark infringement claims and defeated motion for preliminary injunction leading to a favorable settlement.
- Represented international food products company in gray-market goods asserting federal false advertising and unfair competition claims against group of infringers.
- Defended small business owner in Trademark Trial and Appeal Board action and navigated claim to resolution without institution of formal federal or state court litigation.
- Represented an international distributor of consumer goods in connection with the alleged distribution of counterfeit goods abroad by successfully unwinding a transaction involving multiple up and downstream distributors and the destruction of goods abroad.
- Assisted a large on-line distributor of food products in quickly resolving false claims lodged with Amazon that had resulted in the client’s Amazon Seller Account being temporarily suspended.
- Successfully represented a burgeoning cannabis dispensary against claims of common law trademark infringement.
- Successfully defended a California-based online e-commerce website against allegations of trademark infringement and similar claims relating to the alleged unauthorized use of certain trademarks on its website.
- Assisted multi-national medical device manufacturer with development and implementation of international brand protection and enforcement strategy.